Thursday, April 9, 2009

april 8

Today I was mostly scanning photos and doing a lot of desk-work. I was asked to drop by the deli a few times to pick up a few different things; garbage bags, hand sanitizer (Marc is crazy clean).  It was definitely an exercise in multi-tasking.  And I also found that if you make a mistake that you should just say something. Bosses like people who can just tell them exactly what is going on.   Also, I have learned to not fear asking questions.  If I don't understand the directions, it's better to ask until I do--it's appreciated in the long run. 

It's nice; I'm getting used to the office. It's very laid back; they play music, make jokes, and take dance breaks.  It's a very creative environment and a lot gets done.  I was really happy to feel that the office feels they can ask me about my life, and to do things--it makes me feel like part of it. 

And today I met Ryan for the second time. It's sort of hard not to be star-struck by him, but he's really nice and welcoming. He remembered my name even though I only met him once and only work in his office once a week. I feel very privileged to be working there especially since I'm not even in college yet---I'm by far the youngest person in the office. 

I really like my internship  a lot. It's a lot of fun.  

I stayed a little longer until I finished the job I was on, which I think Marc appreciated.  I really love what I do.

No comments: