Monday, May 4, 2009

april twenty ninth

Because of how the last two weeks have been, I managed to get to work today. Two weeks ago I wasn't there because of spring break (I was on vacation---had I been in the country I probably would have gone in) and a week ago I had to leave early to visit college.

Last night I had a family event in Washington D.C., but both my mom and I had to get to New York by this morning for work, so last night we drove back. We made pretty good time, and I wasn't that tired.

So this week, I was mostly in the office. Everyone is afraid that they have swine flu. It's pretty hot in the office, so everyone thinks they have a fever. You can imagine that Marc (and all of us) is becoming increasingly attached to his hand sanitizer (family size this week!)

I took inventory of all the film (different types), which basically means counting and accounting for all of the different kinds of film, and marking how many we have of each. It's a little tedious, but not so bad.

I think they appreciated the effort I made to get to work today. When I am interested in what I'm doing, it makes work so much quicker. It doesn't feel like work when it can suck you into focus that way.

In other news, I got offered a summer internship! I want to waitress in the summer, so I want to keep it at one day a week (it's a big trip into the city) but it should still be a lot of fun. The summer is mostly interns since everyone else is busy on Ryan's annual road trip.

No comments: